Tuesday 16 January 2007

Meh

That's a title I'll probably use a lot more in the future, but quite frankly, I have no other way of expressing myself about what happened yesterday.

Having a day off is never a bad thing, especially if you need to buy something important, in this case, headphones. After spending a good few hours finding out what I should and shouldn't get, I make my way to the stores, because walking out the door with the headset in my hand seemed more satisfying than waiting for an order confirmation mail, a package sent mail, and opening the door for my package a day or two later.

Except, no-one had the Sennheiser pc160 headset I wanted, just the cheaper one pc150, which I had, but now the pc160 is the top model. However I know myself, and don't want to get the cheaper one when there is a more expensive one, makes sense no? So, number 2 on my list, a speedlink Medusa 5.1 ProGamer... nope, none. Just the "Mobile" model, which again, is the inferior model. I kind of threw my list away at this point.

And there it was, a big black box, with a headset with blue led's, 5.1 surround sound, and a price tag of a small Korean cookie jar (ie. Car). Surely that had to be good. However, you can never be too sure, so I went back home, read up on it, and decided it would do... well, it would do rather nicely, and then some.

About an hour later again I find myself quickly removing the wrapping, I get that way with new electronics, and my girlfriend, but I digress.

First thought? Shiny.
*inserts the 27 different cables you need to make it work into computer*
Second thought? VERY Shiny.
*turns on the music* Hm, that's not right.
*turns on a game* Meh. (See what I'm getting at?)

It's broken. Front right speaker doesn't work. So, I spend another hour going back, getting my money back, because well, they don't have the sennheiser either, and that headset I bought was the only one in the whole country.

Ah well, I'll keep reminding myself that I'm going on a ski trip this Thursday, so really shouldn't complain at all. Headphones don't keep you warm in wintertime after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

surround headsets suck anyway, order a nice pair of sterio ones online and enjoy the non tinny sound - when they turn up.

Stephan said...

Ordered the Sennheiser pc160 online now. Just didnt want to wait a few days for em.