Sunday 14 January 2007

Meh, more expenses.

Although I must admit that I have been fairly lucky with warranty so far (even though you often have to pay for it, for example with Dell). I've had an lcd-screen, 2 HD's, 2 Video cards, an xbox controller, 2 sets of speakers (still have one spare due to it, silly people sometimes) and various other stuff replaced without any cost under warranty.

This time however, I wasn't so lucky. I managed to somehow drop my Sennheiser headset. It was laying on my desk, and the 5 kilometer long cable that is attached to it (Why they do this, I don't know) was stuck around the armrest on my chair. You roll your chair back, and bam.

So, I grab my files, and look for the receipt. Two years warranty is pretty standard on electronic equipment, I'd say it's not an unfair policy.

Unless of course, your headset is 2 years and 1 week old. 91 euros for a similar (slightly better now) replacement. That, and now I have to be active tomorrow and go to a store to see if they can fix it.

I can't help but think though... why would a headset need a cable that's.. well not 5km, but around 5 meters I'd say. Seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I like the long cables when I am sitting at home. I also have a 5m cable on the ones I used at both work and for my mp3 player - when going out I just spend the 30secs to roll it up and put an elastic band around it :D

Anonymous said...

5km cables are so you can go hump in any room of the house and still listen to yor music.

Duh.

(lawl)